school of biblical studies
Associate of Arts in Ministry Helps
This degree program is designed for those who wish to gain ministry skills and knowledge in order to serve as lay workers in churches or Christian organizations. The degree is based on a strong general studies component and introductory studies in Bible, theology, and ministry principles. The program gives foundational knowledge and skills for contribution to the work of the church either as volunteers or as paid staff members. Students can select focus areas in either Lay Counseling, Worship, Ministerial Administration, or Missions.
Upon completion of this degree, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Church history.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the definition and purpose of ministry in and out of the church setting.
- Understand the societal issues facing churches and ministries in today’s culture.
- Assist a church or ministry group in the areas of worship, lay counseling, education, helping services, or ministerial administration.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the organizational structure of a church or a ministry.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in the formation or organization of a church or ministry.
- Work in the mission field locally or globally through worship/church arts, lay counseling, education, helping services, or ministerial administration.