school of biblical studies
Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
This degree program is designed to prepare students to effectively study the Scriptures in pursuit of both academic excellence and spiritual growth. The program is grounded in Creationism and will introduce students to the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. Students in this degree program will also be introduced to church history, systematic theology, comparative religions, ethics, apologetics, evangelism, and missions. Introductory courses in biblical missions are electives for this degree program.
Upon completion of this degree, the student will be able to:
- Effectively study the Bible using the skills of observation, interpretation, and application.
- Utilize historical geography and relevant ancient cultural contexts in the interpretation of the Old and New Testaments.
- Summarize the story of the Old and New Testaments.
- Explain the major branches of theology.
- Explain the history of the Christian Church from Acts to recent time.
- Assess theological issues and contemporary theological developments in light of an orthodox, protestant, evangelical theology.