school of counseling & psychology
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
This degree program provides an understanding of the human mind and behaviors. This degree will help provide students with an understanding, from a Christian perspective, of key concepts of psychology that can be used as a foundation for further study and pursuit of a career in human services requiring knowledge of behavior. This degree also helps to provide an ability to prepare for personal, social and organizational issues of today. Students who obtain an advanced degree have a growing range of new opportunities for employment.
Upon completion this degree, the student will be able to:
- Work in a variety of fields such as business and industry, medical, mental health, education, and ministry in positions such as mental health technician, intake person, or helping services facilitator.
- Identify theories of psychology and their authors, and demonstrate an understanding of the impact of those theories in today’s field.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with psychological concepts as a helper or facilitator while performing these services at an internship site within the community.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental tenets of psychology and the implications for responding to mental health needs, including those of missionaries, their families, and local or global communities.
- Work in local and global ministries in forming or organizing helping services.
- Develop a basic foundation of mental health services to include crisis intervention and prevention within a community.