school of counseling & psychology
Associate of Science in Psychology
This degree program provides an understanding of the human mind and behaviors. This degree will help provide students with an understanding, from a Christian perspective, of key concepts of psychology that can be used as a foundation for further study and pursuit of a career in human services requiring knowledge of behavior. This degree also helps to provide an ability to prepare for personal, social, and organizational issues of today. Students who obtain an advanced degree have a growing range of new opportunities for employment.
Upon completion of this degree, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the history of psychology and its basic tenets.
- Understand the potential careers utilizing the concepts and basic knowledge psychology.
- Identify the historical figures of psychology and their impact on the field.
- Identify the Biblical beginning and meaning of psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with churches and ministries in identifying needs and providing appropriate interventions, to include dealing with crisis and trauma within the community.
- Work in the mission field locally or globally in the helping services.
- Assist in the formation and organization of ministries that provide helping services.
- Assist mental health workers in various agencies.